Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!

Well, I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post...nothing too much to post about lately. The kids didn't feel well, the week was busy but I can't really tell you what I accomplished.



On the 4th we began with the parade...a tradition in our family since I was a kid. For some reason, I guess the increase in population of the town that the parade goes on and on and on....trailers full of kids on sports teams, most of the churches and a lot of small businesses...not really what the parade used to be. It used to, in my day, be more festive and decorative and relative to what we were celebrating. Now it seems to serve as more of a walking yellow pages...mostly for advertising. Don't get me wrong the kids love it...there is more candy and horses and the like to satisfy them. They had a blast...Love picked up on the running after the candy fast. She is quick....she sees it thrown and she is gone to get it. Too funny. Hope is more cautious...which I like. We ended up sitting close to Faith's new 'boyfriend' which the two of them never even exchanged words...which, to be honest....totally works for me ;)



We then came home had some lunch and put the girls down for a nap. When we woke we went to my Uncle and Aunt's home for a 4th of July party. It was fun...the kids had a blast swimming and my cousin and her family were in from Virginia. Their kids have grown up so much, they are all so adorable. It is always good talking to her and hearing about how her family is doing. Her sister was there also, I've shared with you before about her husband battling leukemia...y'all if you feel led...please say a prayer for their family...they are in the trenches right now and could use support. I just can not even fathom the life that they must live day to day. She is doing well and seems strong but it can't be easy. God Bless Them. We had a wonderful day, visiting and the kids swimming and ended the night with fireworks! We have a new watching spot and it was perfect! My camera died halfway through the party so I didn't get near the photos I was hoping for :(

No comments: