Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catching Up From Christmas....

Wow! Christmas seems so long ago already. We had a lot of visits to make. We had my Grandma Totsie's, Bambi and Paw Paw's, our house and MiMi and Grumpy's (and yes the name fits).

Christmas Eve I was feeling pretty awful with an upper respiratory thingy. My Mom, bless her heart, came over to help me get ready for Christmas day. We were having family over for dinner. The little girls and I baked tons of cookies and cupcakes. Love really enjoyed herself. She was so proud just to have the freedom to make a huge mess. A smile stayed on her face the whole night. Hope would burst into Christmas songs and Love would try to follow her. It was a really precious night. I loved being able to share that time with them and they were both so tickled with what they had made. We were watching The Christmas Shoes. I snapped a good pic of MiMi and Faith on the couch...both of them tearing up. That movie just gets us every time, even though we know the ending.

Christmas day the kiddos didn't roll out of bed until around 8. We have quite a bit of video but not many pictures...our camera is on its last leg I am afraid. We had a nice morning of just hanging out and I was hitting the Dayquil pretty good at that point. We had dinner and I ended up falling asleep for an hour or so while watching It's A Wonderful Life. I was a terrible hostess but I was pretty sick so I forgave myself and I even shared my illness with a few people...see I had the giving spirit :)

Faith's favorite gift was her new cell phone from MiMi and Grumpy. Unfortunately or fortunately (which ever you want to see it) she had lost her cell phone privilege back around Thanksgiving, so she has yet to really use it. Hunter's favorite gift was his paintball gun. Hope's was her motorized helicopter and Love's was her Big Wheel. Big Daddy was supposed to buy a coat which he has yet to purchase and I got a super cute necklace with the kids names stamped into it like this but with a puffy silver heart in the middle instead. I love, love, love it!!

With all the commotion of moving and illness at our home, this holiday season felt a little diluted and foggy to me. I am so excited to finally be in our home and beginning to really get settled. There is a very comforting and exciting feeling of being able to plant and grow some roots here. We are looking forward to what the new year holds for our family :)

No comments: