Wednesday, February 4, 2009

4th Treatment....whew...

Ok. So, this morning we arrived at the surgery center bright and early. Love was asleep for a little while. While she was being assessed and her vitals were taken she was awake. Things moved a little slower than normal. Their "gas" ran out and they were waiting for the new "gas" to warm up - that is what we were told anyway. Hmmm...I am assuming nitrous oxide?

Anyway, when Love and I went into the "holding" room, she immediately recognized it and began crying and grabbing onto me. There is one chair and it is dark. The nurse used the nose spray that makes her feel "loopy" and within about 5 minutes Love was whining and had vomited. Not a lot of fun for either of us. She seemed better. The anesthesiologist came in to check on her and recommended her treatment continue. They asked me to lay her on the gurney, I kissed her sweet little forehead...her eyes were circling at this point.

The doctor came out and informed us things were looking good but he was backing off the joules this time...she blistered too much last time and he wanted her back in a safe zone. He was pleased with her results and thought he'd be doing much less...he did 181 pulses last visit and 176 this visit...176 laser "zaps" if you will...doesn't sound like a lot of fun...does it?

When she came out she was in a hard sleep. It took a long time for her to come out of it. She did manage to eat most of a Popsicle so we could leave. She had been given morphine, which had never happened before for the pain. She had also been given Tylenol, a couple of anti-nausea medications and the mask type of sedation but had an IV too. I don't know...I am not a nurse or a doctor...although I have seen enough on the discovery channel to make me think I am not completely in the dark...ha. It seemed like a lot of stuff for a minimally invasive procedure. Poor baby had her eyelashes singed off on her top eyelid from the mid line to the corner...that is crazy to me. He went into her hairline as well this time and she has some singed hair there as well.

She slept the rest of the time before check out in my arms and slept the entire ride home and actually only woke up at 12:00. She was pretty uncomfortable and was crying and saying "owie, owie, owie" in her little whimpering voice. It was just so sad. She fell back asleep after a dose of Motrin and a couple of sips of Gatorade and then re-awoke (is that a word?) at 2:00 and all seems to be well. She is back to being my baby :)

She caught a glimpse of herself in a mirror that we have yet to hang up in the dining room and yelled for me..."Mommy, Mommy...uhhh...uhhh" while pointing at all the little dots on her face. Oh, sweet child, I know.

Currently, she is in the bathroom with her big sister Hope...singing to her and holding her toilet paper...she has such a servant's heart :)

Thank you all so much for the prayers!

No comments: