Wednesday, September 16, 2009

6th Laser Treatment

This morning was Love's 6th laser treatment. We had to be at the hospital by 6:30 am. Hunter and Hope went to Bambi & Paw Paw's for some spoilin'. Early morning breakfast - Hope helped cut the mean they can be made without opening the can?!? They loved it. Hunter had been sick and was staying home because of his illness. Faith stayed behind and had a ride picking her up at our house.

Anyway, Love went under with the usual nasal spray to make her drowsy...followed by her ritual vomiting after they give it to her. She has a very sensitive gag reflex. It takes very little for her to blow...too graphic? Sorry. Then we met with the doctor about 20 minutes later. She did well and he upped her energy level on the laser from 13.5 to 14.5. Huge. She was blistered a bit and we heard her from the waiting room being wheeled in to recovery. She was not happy. Not one little bit. She was screaming for her Momma. Why does that bring me any comfort at all? It really makes me feel helpless but for some reason that she was awake enough to want me brought me a tiny bit of I crazy? They did not give her IV sedation this time or a breathing tube. They just used the mask. Which means she comes to very quickly. Which is great except she comes to very quickly. Allows the pain to catch her before the pain medicine (a shot while still in surgery and a suppository) they give her sets in. Poor baby. She was probably the most irritable and in the greatest amount of pain after today's session. It did subside after about 5-10 minutes. Then about 20 minutes later she had tolerated juice and we were on our way home. Poor thing got really sick in the car. Luckily MiMi was there to help a Momma out. She swapped driving with me so I could focus on little one. She was so sick.

After about a three hour nap...presto chango the kid acts like nothing ever happened. She knows something happened but she is back to her usual bubbly little self. I love her resilience. You just can't get her down. Of course a couple of Bambi's cupcakes didn't hurt things either ;) She is peacefully sleeping and hopefully tomorrow will be fine. If not, I am armed with the Motrin and lovin'...she is all mine all day long :)

While sleeping, she looks so peaceful...

After her can see he went back over her neck and ear which we thought we were done with. I guess he had hoped for better results. She is swelling but not as bad as usual but you can see she blistered pretty good on her cheek. Yikes!

And back to all smiles. A little crooked from the swelling but super cute no less.
Have I told you lately that she truly amazes me?


Angie said...

So glad the surgery went well. What a little trooper!

Stacey said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that she had such a hard time with laser. I'm glad she seems to have forgotten all about it and is back to her usual happy self. What a sweetie!

Julie said...

Still so beautiful with or without the little blisters!!!! Glad it is over for now and she is feeling better and has that precious little smile back! :)