Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday To My Nephew!!


Happy Birthday Lo Man!!



I remember exactly 9 years ago today. Your mom had some complications during her time carrying you and was on bed rest for a long, long time. But, it was time and your mom had been having labor pains for a while. I asked her on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad were they. She told me an 8. I figured things are really moving...turns out that 8 was really more like a 2. She was miserable a few days. She even went to the hospital only to be sent home. She did not want to go back unless they would keep her and she could finally meet you. So....I took her to the track and we walked and walked and walked...even did quite a few deep knee bends....she was in full blown...hurting like crazy labor by the time we drove to the hospital. She almost kicked out the window in my Explorer. You had decided now was the time and you weren't being patient. I thought your mom would kill me. Your mom got her epidural (pain medicine) as soon as we got there and was fine. You were coming quickly, but we were in the middle of a game of cards. The nurse asked us all to step out except your Dad and darn it if you didn't just slide right out with us all waiting in the hallway....crazy, unpredictable kid!!


You are such a wild and crazy boy - full of energy . You are a great baseball player. You are so sweet with our little girls and really do well with babies too, you are sensitive...and don't let anyone give you any slack about it. You have been such a joy to watch grow up and become the little man that you are to be. You have told me about your way with the ladies too ;0) You are very adventurous and brave too. In fact, you haven't backed down to anyone....no matter the age or gender when they were doing something wrong...remember every time I have taken you to the pool? I always had to come and get you out of a pickle...you would bite off waaayyy more than you should be chewing ;) But, that's my Lo Man!


Love you, you big 'ole 9 year old!! Happy Birthday!!

No comments: