Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day!

I happen to have a great Dad. He provided our family the wonderful gift of having a full time at home parent. Didn't care for it so much growing up...she was always up in my bizness...ha! But, it wasn't until after my children were born that I really understood what he did for our family by working so hard to allow my Mom to stay home with us. Thanks Dad! He is not a real affectionate guy, emotional guy or talkative guy. I find him reserved, quiet, content, hard working, and faithful. He laid a great foundation for us as far as marriage, they have been married 37 years. That in itself speaks volumes. He will give advice but not without the prompting. He is supportive, he is smart...and fortunately he has a dry sense of humor like me...otherwise no one would get my jokes. He has been a wonderful grandfather to my children. He sees the importance of being present, he comes to the sporting events, school functions, and parties. He is someone my son looks up to. He is someone my husband can go to for help. And my daughters all adore him...although the eldest would rather no one know it...gosh, she reminds me of me. I Love You Dad!

My father in law is also a great Dad. He helped form my husband into the man he has become. He is a man of God. He cares about others eternity. I have great admiration for him. He also sets a high standard for marriage...he treats my mother in law like gold. He also sets the bar pretty high for what my girl's may look for in a mate. He is smart, loving, kind, and thoughtful. He is so good with my kids. He will play with the little ones outside and inside and he gushes about them to others. He has such a sweet heart. I love you too Paw Paw!



My husband, the father to our children, I love you. I am so proud of the father you have become. We have 4 great kids. They know and love Jesus because of your spiritual leadership. When we spoke about me becoming a stay at home parent, you said you would make it happen and you have. I know you work hard to provide for our family. Thank you....I love that you feel it is just as important for me to be home with them. You have no idea the gift you have given me. I see how our children look to you for protection...whether it be a thunderstorm, bugs, a noise or bad dreams...they want you to hold them, kill the bug, check the noise or chase the monsters away. I love that they trust you enough to rely on you for those things. They also know that you will be there for them...no matter what...that you discipline out of love...not anger...that you want what is best for them...even when it isn't popular or easy. I love that you love on your kids...all of them...hugs, kisses, pats on the back, tickles, and a little rough housing...giving them each a kiss on the cheek before you leave for work and saying prayers with them at night. I love that you have fallen in love with each of them...I can still see it in your eyes...and I cherish the moment you laid eyes on each of them for the first time. You cried every time. You were taking video of our first born...Hunter and you were so excited and engrossed in the moment that the doctor had to ask you to stand back..thank goodness that was a C-section. Then Faith came...and you were so present...you started crying before she even completely entered the world. Then Hope...when they brought her to us you had tears of joy. And then, recently with Love, you again had tears holding our precious baby girl for the first time. I know that you would lay down your life for any one of them. I am so thankful that you are my husband and the father to my children. You are wonderful. I love you with all my heart!

No comments: