Sunday, July 20, 2008

Praise You In This Storm....

I have felt led to share this with you all for a while now. I have gotten permission and feel like at this point it is ok and welcomed and the Spirit is pushing me so hard I can hardly walk by the computer without beginning this post...but my flesh wants this post to be perfect and I know it won't be, so I walk by the laptop...fearful I will use my words instead of listening to the One who speaks to me. I have prayed and prayed to step out of the way and to be spoken through. I write to you because I know so many of you are believers in the power of prayer...

Please take a moment and listen to this song...you will have to turn off the music at the bottom.




I have such a heavy heart for my cousin's family...the suffering that her husband, Marcus; is enduring as he battles leukemia (and folks...it is rough and getting rougher) and the pain that she and her children and their family have to go through ~ witness him sometimes succumb to the weight of such a heavy burden. I have prayed for a miracle...that he be healed instantly...and I know He is capable of that miracle. I pray for him to be cured that he walk away from this illness with a different perspective and new found faith. Please pray for his healing. My heart breaks for them all...especially him. For I know he has no one to praise in this storm.

He does not know the One who heals, the One who holds us when we suffer, the One who is unchanging, the One who loves us even though we are seriously flawed and unworthy of such a love as His....the sacrifice of His one and only son on behalf of us all...every single one of us...and none of us are worthy of the most incredible gift that his son bore all of our sins...from the smallest lie to adultery, murder, all of it. He died on that cross for me, and you and Marcus. He rose again 3 days later and defeated death...and He sits at the right hand of the Father...And He is Wondrous...our Saviour is Magnificent...and He is there for me. Y'all I can't imagine not having Him to run to, Him to wipe my tears, Him to never leave me, Him to not be there, not always knowing my pain and suffering. He is my rock...my fortress...my refuge....He is all of that to me....and you know what He is the same for Marcus and he just doesn't know it yet. God is so good that he loves those that choose not to believe every bit as he loves those of us who do.

So while my heart is heavy for Marcus' battle for his life...my heart is broken that he is lost, he has not accepted the Lord...yet....and I pray that he will. I am asking if you will join me and our family in praying for Marcus' salvation...that he would come to know and accept Jesus...that he would find that same comfort in Him....that he would be given that peace of knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that his eternity is going to be spent in heaven and will be incredible and there will be no suffering or pain or tears....only joy and love and peace all in the presence of our Heavenly Father...who loves us each far more than I think we can fully comprehend. I pray that he will have Him as his strength and and know that he is not alone during this battle...that he may have Him to praise in this storm. And Lord, all according to your will....

No comments: