Friday, December 12, 2008

He's Here! He's Here!


Welcome to the World sweet baby boy!!
Allow me to introduce you to my nephew:
Jace Howard Reed
born
Thursday, December 11, 2008
4:39 pm
6 pounds 19 inches
Y'all my sister did fabulous! We arrived at the hospital around 9pm Wednesday. She had contractions 3 to 3.5 min. apart one minute in length, moderate strength until around Noon yesterday. They decided to help her with pitocin. She was barely progressing and they gave her an epidural at 4:00, she was 4cm dilated at that point 80% effaced....he practically walked out at 4:39....crazy! She did not even have to push. And he was delivered by the charge nurse...not a doctor in sight. Does that mean she gets no charge for the delivery from the doctor? The nurse who delivered him did amazingly well. I was praying for that little fellow to have an easy exit/entrance :)
They did have to take him about 30 minutes after he was born. He was in mild respiratory distress. He took too many shallow breaths and probably wouldn't be able to feed. They put in a feeding tube through his nose. They thought he'd only be gone an hour. As of 9:15 last night he was still being monitored and not with my sister. Hopefully he was able to join her by now. But to me for barely a 35 weeker...that isn't bad at all.
He has a head full of dark hair. No one got to see his eyes. He is just about the cutest thing I have seen....I want one! Just kidding....I will get to babysit him all the time. He loves to stick his tongue way out...it is so funny. We haven't had a newborn in our family for 9 years....that is long time...we were due:) I love that sweet Jace...he is just too yummy!
Everyone is doing well. Hopefully mommy and daddy were able to sleep. With well over 24 hours without sleep, they were in need. But he is worth every lost minute. Just the most precious gift. All 3 brothers were just so proud and eager to meet him. 4 boys....God give them strength :)


1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh!! He is so adorable!! Can't wait to hold him. Congratulations to the whole family.