Friday, September 11, 2009

17 Years....

As Husband and Wife!
Happy 17th Anniversary Sweetheart :)
I guess if I had any advice on marriage, not that I should be the one giving it, it would be this:

In marriage, love has to be a verb. It can not be a noun or even an emotion if you want it to survive, well, not only survive but thrive. Because sometimes, love isn't an easy thing to do. And sometimes, we aren't so easy for our husband (or wife) to love either. But, you do it and the Lord blesses you for it...we are living proof :) Our marriage hasn't always been fabulous or incredible or even good at times but we both made the decision to get through the trials. And you know about trials already....they produce perseverance. Which is what you need in marriage :)

And my last little tidbit of advice - wonderful words to breathe into your marriage:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

17 years married to the man I love - more today than the day I said "I do". Big Daddy, did you ever even imagine in your wildest dreams???? 17 years...4 beautiful children...and we are just getting started :) I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow such beautiful words. I have to say I have one fine daughter and son-n-law. I am amazed at how well they have done over the last 17 yrs. I love you both and hold you very special Big Daddy in my heart , For you my daughter you have always been special and in my heart I love you and wish the happiest of all seventeen yrs today...the next 17 will only get better.Thank you both for my precious grandkids mighty fine job. Have a great day.love mom.

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary to you!!!