Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving


Outside gathering...

leaves...for

our centerpieces
complete with pumpkin patch pumpkins.
Grumpy and Hunter carving the turkey
Ninnie and her man The tired chef
Precious Baby J
Grumpy enjoying his job way too much
The three amigos
Both of my grandmothers, how many kids do you know with two great grandmas?
Two of our girls
Well, it is that time of year again...it seems to get here faster as each year passes. It is what most of us describe as the beginning of the holiday season.

Thanksgiving...what do you think of when you think of it? I think of all the blessings that have been bestowed upon us, all the struggles we have been through, all the things that we take for granted day in and out...and of course the food. When I asked Hope what she was thankful for the first thing out of her mouth was family. Family. There is so much meaning in that one word...and at this point in her life she really has no idea the magnitude of the word.
A little off topic here...but I will get to the point, promise :) We took Faith and Hunter to see Blind Side (the movie) this week while they were out of school. It is a fantastic movie about a true story. A story about family. I won't go into all the details but if you haven't seen it...you should. It was one of those really soul rocking movies. There is one line in the movie that totally got me...so if you don't want to know it...click off now or move to the next paragraph. Sandra Bullock's character is talking to one of her well to do friends over lunch. Her friend says, "You are changing that boy's life." And with a smile she replies, "No, he's changing mine." I love it!! I not only love it...I am blessed to live it :) Truly there is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for the two beautiful girls that we are fortunate enough to call our daughters. It is one of those things that you can describe as a blessing all day but until you have lived it...I am just not sure you will ever completely understand. But, I hope for each of you that it will be an experience you can realize - through your own family or friends. I am thankful for family. And I don't want to forget our two older kiddos...the ones that the Lord gave us in the beginning of our marriage. The exact two he knew we needed to shape and the ones that would shape us as well...even though sometimes I am not sure which shape I end up exactly ;) I am not only thankful for our immediate family but that of extended family as well. We are blessed.
We hosted our family here for dinner. My mom cooked most of the food, well all but a couple of things. Oh, I almost forgot...I am thankful that mom knows how to cook :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks like a wonderful day was had by all! I love the centerpieces (can't believe ya still have leaves on your trees!), and I'm so excited to go see Blind Side. Just waiting for the right moment when we can find a babysitter for 4!