Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Breakfast with My Boy :)

Terrific coffee, delicious food, excellent company...
Usually on TAKS days I cook a big breakfast. This year Hunter and I decided to go out, just the two of us. He is a bit nervous about the test today. He really should have nothing to fret about. He is bright, he has just always been a bit of a stress tester. I think the pressure that comes from - you pass this test or you don't promote to the next grade is pretty heavy. Who wants to be that kid? I am not a big fan of standardized testing but for now it is a necessary evil.

It still gets me as he sits across the table...he isn't little anymore. He is still my baby but he is becoming...well, huge. I treasure the time to be able to share a meaningful, uninterrupted conversation over breakfast with my teenager. He is just a really incredible kid with a huge heart and fabulous sense of humor. I not only cherish this son of mine...I like him a whole heck of a lot too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Well i don't have to take TAKS test.. But I hope my big brother does great on the test just like me,my madre and padre know he will!! I love ya bro:)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Colton Ninnie Loves you and knows that you will do great.